Now, in my lists, I normally have just movies from my generation, but in this movie, I have changed that, because comedy movies in the past are more funny than the present ones.
Honorable Mention: Night Shift (1982) – Why?: The movie is very slapstick, but it is hilarious, nonetheless.
Honorable Mention: Super Troopers – Why?: The greatest opening scene ever, and some very good acting with a hilarious script.
10. Hot Fuzz – Why?: A very funny, quirky comedy with some badass action and brilliant camera styles from Edgar Wright.
9. Forgetting Sarah Marshall – Why?: It is very funny and it really has some great acting in it, and it created the character Aldous Snow for Russell Brand.
8. The Out of Towners (1970) – Why?: Though the 1999 version was hilarious, Jack Lemmon is brilliant as a moronic “out of towner.”
7. Shaun of the Dead – Why?: One of the most brutally funny movies in history, the script is amazing.
6. Step Brothers – Why?: Hilarious, very stupid movie with some of the funniest writing EVER.
5. Planes, Trains & Automobiles – Why?: I have a family tradition where every Thanksgiving-eve, we watch this movie. It is hysterical, and it is just a feel good movie, which also includes a fantastic soundtrack from Ira Newborn and John Candy’s best performance.
4. Superbad – Why?: One of the most brutally honest and graphic-dialog movies to ever be made, Superbad is just plain fun, from the great acting to the awesome story.
3. Christmas Vacation – Why?: Another family tradition is to watch this movie on Christmas Eve. This is just so funny at nearly every point. Non-stop hilarity, just like Step Brothers, but not as graphic.
2. The Big Lebowski – Why?: The Coen Brothers’ best movie. It is hilarious, and will have you laughing and remembering parts of it for the rest of your life.
1. Death at a Funeral (2007) – Why?: The best comedy to ever come out of England, for that matter, the world, is Death at a Funeral. A great story, fantastic acting, and some of the funniest events to happen over and over again in film history.