Based solely on prediction, these are the films that I think will be a necessity to see in the near future. The films seem to be amazing and look to be interesting, so that I am already making a countdown until they all come out.
Let us all look upon these titles with hope, and for the adapted films, that Hollywood’s spotlight wont completely destroy them like many other book-to-movies (the best book ever, Shutter Island, was destroyed on the big screen, and so was the book Angels & Demons, though the directors for both are amazing).
6. Avatar 2 (2014) – Director: James Cameron. Just throwing this one out there. It’ll probably be good and make around 3.2 Billion dollars.
5. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2012) – Director: David Fincher. Based on the novel by now-deceased Stieg Larson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is an amazing murder-mystery, which David Fincher is… quite good at, to say the least (coughcough Seven coughcough). How’s this for an (supposed) All-Star cast?: Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Carey Mulligan and Daniel Craig.
4. Source Code (2011) – Director: Duncan Jones. From the Director of one of the greatest accomplishments in film, Moon, comes a new film with a bigger budget and a larger cast (Jake Gyllenhaal, Jeffrey Wright, Vera Farmiga, Michelle Monaghan, Russell Peters). I’ve read the script (which is available online for free if you can find it, it took me a while), and I must say that it is VERY well written, and that this film should be looked forward to from now until its unknown 2011 release date.
3. Biutiful (2010) – Director: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Acclaimed director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu (Babel, 21 Grams) helms another amazing film with Biutiful, which stars Javier Bardem and is associate produced by Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men) and Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy, Pan’s Labyrinth, The Devil’s Backbone).
2. Cloverfield 2 (2011) – Director: Matt Reeves. Though nothing has been released about this one, there is still the fact that the movie is guaranteed to be awesome.
1. Battle Angel (2011) – Director: James Cameron. Based on the Graphic Novels of the same title, James Cameron is back at work on this special-effects gift. Cameron will probably be aiming to make this film with BETTER graphics than Avatar’s, though that is near about impossible.